It can be hard to know which cell phone plan is the best deal. You want one that has the features you need, without paying too much for it. And you don’t want to be locked into a contract that will keep you stuck with a high bill each month.
Luckily, there are a few things you can do to make sure you’re getting the best deal on your cell phone plan. Here are four tips that will help you get started.
1. Look For A Subsidized Phone
Many cell phone plans require you to sign a contract that will keep you locked in for twelve or more months, and your cell phone provider often will help pay the cost of your new smartphone. This sounds great until you realize that if you break your contract early, there is usually a hefty fee involved. So instead of accepting this offer when it comes up, look around for a subsidized phone deal instead.
This is where your mobile service provider pays the entire cost of your phone so they can lock you into their plan for one year. The best part about this type of arrangement is that it does not involve signing any sort of contract, which means you are free to switch providers at any time without getting hit with a penalty.
2. Get The Right Plan For Your Needs
As a rule of thumb, you usually want to get a cell phone plan that is going to offer you unlimited talk and text. A good data plan is always important as well, but these days just about every mobile service provider offers at least some kind of data package, so it’s not the most important concern by any means.
There are several key features to look for when comparing different cell phone plans: data limits, international calling options, roaming fees, long-distance fees, and free nights and weekends.
3. Don’t Be Swayed By Upfront Offers
If your current mobile service provider offers a limited-time deal for a low price, it’s easy to get sucked into this type of pitch. But you have to keep in mind that just because they are running a special, the price of the cell phone plan will go up dramatically after the promotion has ended.
4. Get A Prepaid Plan
When you sign up for a prepaid plan, you do not have to sign a contract and you typically do not have any kind of activation fee or monthly charge – though there may be some exceptions. And this is one more benefit: most prepaid plans come with unlimited talk and text as well as data packages.
So if you want to save as much money as possible on your cell phone bill each month without having to worry about going over your allotted minutes or texts, prepaid may be the way to go.
Some of the Best Plans:
There are a lot of great cell phone deals out there, but here are some of the best ones:
- A two-year contract with a major carrier, such as Verizon, AT&T, or Sprint, usually offers the best rates.
- If you’re looking for a new phone, try to wait for a sale. Major carriers often have sales on new phones every few months.
- If you’re happy with your current phone, consider signing up for a cell phone plan that offers unlimited data. This can be a great deal if you use a lot of data each month.
- If you don’t need a new phone, consider buying a used phone instead of a new one. You can find plenty of great deals on used cell phones online.
- If you’re having trouble deciding what phone to get, consider getting a “prepaid” phone. You can buy prepaid minutes that let you call and text people without signing up for an expensive monthly plan.